1. Cut out fast food. Period.
This food is unnecessary, unhealthy, and not for our family. If the place does not require a tip for its service, we don’t eat there. Period. If someone buys it for us (i.e. family function), we may partake, but the choices must still be healthy. (The occasional ice cream treat will be acceptable, but this shall be the exception, NOT the rule).
2. Live by the Caveman diet. Mostly.
If it didn’t live or didn’t grow in some way, we don’t consume it. With a few minor exclusions, this will be our general rule to live by.
3. Update family blog three times per week.
This shouldn’t be too hard since I already do this.
4. Save money & decrease our debt.
Apart from student loans & mortgage, we hope to have all of our debt eliminated, including our recently acquired car loan. This goal is fairly lofty, especially considering the car loan, but I believe we can do it!
5. Make at least 5 home renovations.
Currently, we are in talks with various subcontractors. We hope to start work on our home within the next month or so.
6. Expand our family.
You get this one.
Goals for Charlie
1. Start walking.
No pressure here. It’s bound to happen SOME time this year…
2. Start talking. More.
He may say “ball” and “good” and communicate with sign language, but let’s hope he has even more to say!
3. Turn 1!
Lucky him! This will be accomplished in just a few short weeks!
Goals for Jim
1. Run a 5k in under 20 minutes
2. By year’s end, bench-press 300 pounds.
3. Fully adept at my new position within six months
4. Take better care of my appearance
5. Take an active role in my friendships & building relationships
Goals for Me (Mommy aka Samantha)
1. FINALLY get serious about getting healthy.
I’ve been heavy for too long and it’s about time for that to change. I want to be healthier AND lose weight.
2. Work out 3-4 times per week.
Whether it’s the Wii Fit, 30 Day Shred or Cardinal, I have to get MOVING!
3. Keep my house organized. Mostly.
I have a bad habit of this, but I’m starting out this year right, so we’ll see how that goes…
4. Scrapbook 3-4 pages per month.
I have the stuff, I have the subject matter, so now I just have to put it all together!
5. Take better care of my appearance
I need to make a better effort at the presentation of myself to others.
These goals are fairly lofty, but I think we can do it…don’t you?!
Happy New Year!