Today, we prepared for Charlie’s very first picture day. After finding nothing in his closet that was even remotely acceptable, we opted for a “casual” plaid shirt from Babies R Us. With laid-back, rolled-up sleeves (that bothered him immensely) to relaxed cords, Charlie was as cool as a cucumber. The biggest dilemma of the morning? What to do with that top button?
A quick call to daddy confirmed what (I thought) I already knew…
Still cute, though, right?
Then some pose & facial expression practice.
And finally, an (unofficial) barn shot (via iPhone)
It was also my first day helping out in Charlie’s class. Here’s a few things I learned:
1. When Charlie says a kid hits someone or is “on the red spot,” he’s always telling the truth.
2. Little girls have adorable wardrobes for picture day – from striped tights to ruffled dresses to cowgirl boots? Died.
3. Three year olds have the attention span of gnats. They also enjoy sticking out their tongues rather than smiling. Usually.
4. Children love to pick up rocks. And sticks. And flowers. And bang on things. Repeatedly.
5. Preschool teachers are paid too little (trust me, ten minutes of wrangling and wowsas…)
6. We picked the best school. ever.