A silver service dinner party for a special occasion is always enjoyable, especially in the company of friends and family. However, when you are the one hosting the special event, stress levels can get high, as you have to worry about several things to make sure that everything goes smoothly on the day of the event. You have to think about the food to serve, venue, decorations, hospitality staffing, and invitations.
Here are some tips on how you can organize the perfect silver service dinner:
- Plan the event. The first thing you have to do is plan the event. Make a list of people you plan to invite and check the dates they are available. Decide on the date of the event and reserve the venue of your choice. Another thing you have to think about when planning is your budget. Know how many people are attending, plan the menu for the evening, and stick to your budget. Planning is an important aspect of preparing for a special occasion so that you won’t stress on the day of the event.
- Invitations. When everything is set and you have the venue and schedule locked down, send out invitations to your guests. It is advisable to give out the invitations a couple of weeks in advance, so that people you invite can fix their schedules. Invitations should be formal and must include the date, time, address, and attire. Be sure to include your contact information so your guests can RSVP and you have a final count of the people who are attending.
- Theme. The next thing you have to think about is the theme of the event. You can host a black and white party, Mardi Gras, or a Christmas celebration. If you are on a tight budget, gather the resources you have to eliminate having to purchase décor. Add a few centerpieces or get a nice tablecloth. Since you are hosting a silver service dinner, you also need napkins, place mats, glassware, and silverware. In addition, you can prepare a playlist of songs that you can play during the party.
- Check everything. On the day of the event, take time to make sure that everything is in place for the dinner party. Call your caterer, have the venue prepared in advance, check the table setting, and be sure that you have enough seating for the number of guests who are attending. If you planned well, doing a final check should be quick. When everything is in order, it’s time to have some fun!
- Greet guests. As guests start arriving, welcome them by the entrance and greet them. This is a sign of being a good host, and it’s a good way to start the dinner party. You can also have a few photographs taken by a professional photographer. Make your guests feel special and at home as soon as they arrive for the party. Now, all you have to do is enjoy great food with great company!
These few tips will help you plan the perfect silver service dinner for any special occasion. The most important thing to do is have fun and celebrate the time you have together with your beloved guests.