This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
Every year, my family enters a fantasy football league – choosing the winners throughout the season and then shifting to the playoff choices in January. At the end of the season, we celebrate with a HUGE party at the Big Game and there’s stiff competition for who brings the best food. Since my win-loss record is usually pretty pathetic, I generally try to show up when it comes to whipping up something spectacular to scarf down during the halftime show. In preparation for the Big Game, I opted to create a delicious Touchdown SNICKERS® Cheesecake that’s sure to win over friends and family alike this sports season. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
Your first stop should be Walmart where you can find all the varieties of treats you’ll need. That’s the one thing I love about SNICKERS is that they offer every size you could possibly imagine when it comes to creating something delectable. My husband even received one of those ginormous SNICKERS bars for Christmas and I was able to steal some away to use during preparation of this recipe to make sure it was extra scrumptious.
Cheesecake can sometimes be time-consuming, but I promise it is worth the extra effort – you and your guests will not be disappointed.
The steps leading up to baking are pretty simple and you can find the complete recipe below. I recommend creating this deliciousness on Saturday night, so you can cool in the fridge overnight and fully set before serving on Sunday. In this case, I made this cheesecake for a football party that my friend Natasha was hosting the next day so the timing was perfect.
1. Crust time! Get some helpers to take out some aggression on some chocolate sandwich cookies. Combine the crumbs with butter for a delicious chocolatey crust.
2. Combine the remainder of your ingredients (full instructions below) – using cute kitchen tools is a bonus.
3. Chop up your SNICKERS candy bars for folding into your finished batter. I kept my pieces relatively small so that they would bake up nicely.
4. Next, pour half the batter in and drizzle with warmed caramel and hot fudge ice cream topping. Swirl to create a marbled effect. Repeat until all batter is poured in.
Once baked, this effect will look quite nice and you can either serve as is or top the way I do which is with…even more SNICKERS.
5. Possibly the most important step is to wrap your springform pan in aluminum foil to ensure water does not get inside while baking. Then, submerge the springform pan halfway into water in a larger pan and bake for 1 hour, 40 minutes inside a 300 degree oven. You’ll then turn the oven off, but leave in for 20 minutes. Then crack the turned off oven for another 20 minutes, then remove and put in the refrigerator for cooling. Again, the aluminum foil is key so that water doesn’t seep into your cake!
Voila! You’re ready to decorate in the morning and serve. I chopped up even more SNICKERS and used the SNICKERS Unwrapped Bites to create a border on the outside of the cake when slicing. The Bites are great because they are mini closed SNICKERS and finish the cheesecake off nicely. Then I chopped up a small sleeve of fun size SNICKERS to spread over the top. Once finished, I drizzled the caramel and hot fudge over the entire thing to create a look perfect for presentation.
We headed to the football party and added our dessert to the beautiful tablescape that Natasha prepared, including some spicy hot wings and other appetizer goodies. Can you say NACHO BAR and homemade guacamole?!
We then served up our cake pretty early on because the crowd was hungry and ready for some chocolate!
Want to wow your Big Game day crowd? Check out the full recipe below and create your very own Touchdown SNICKERS Cheesecake.
Have some in your crew that don’t love chocolate? (You better check to see if they have a pulse first!) Consider making Skittles® Sugar Cookies! I love these because they are incredibly simple to make and keep little hands busy! Even better, this might serve as the perfect Big Game activities to keep little ones occupied while everyone else cheers on their favorite team! We whipped up a quick batch of these using Skittles Wild Berry variety and the boys loved sneaking one here an there. Even better, we used some of the leftover SNICKERS unwrapped bites to jazz up a few of the remaining cookies.
The process is pretty simple. Purchase a quick sugar cookie mix from the baking aisle at Walmart or refrigerated section.
Mix dough and roll out with some flour so it doesn’t stick. Choose your favorite cookies cutters, slice, decorate and bake! You’ll have Skittles Sugar Cookies in no time! Plus, who doesn’t love when little chefs show up to help?
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Cheesecake filling
- 24 ounces packages of cream cheese, room temperature (three 8 ounce packages)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 30-35 mini snickers bars, chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan after greasing the bottom of your pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water cannot get in from the next stage of baking.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low with an electric mixer until combined Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs one at a time beating slowly and making sure to combine thoroughly.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until combined. Fold in chopped SNICKERS.
- Pour cheesecake filling into the pan. Drizzle hot fudge and caramel. Marble using a spoon or scraper.
- Place springform pan inside a larger pan. Fill water in larger pan to go up about halfway on the springform pan being careful not to go over the aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Then, turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, crack oven door and let set for another 20 minutes while oven is off. Remove and cool completely, then chill.
- Decorate as desired when ready after removing springform pan sides.
What’s your favorite Big Game recipe for that sweet tooth in your family?