This is 35.
The past 34 years have been good to me. Heck, the last year has been GREAT to me. I grew my hair out, dyed it blonde, added a nose ring, and started a journey of self health. I’m more confident than I was a year ago and feeling more comfortable in my skin. I thought I’d feel “old,” but I actually feel younger – regular exercise seems to do that to you. With another year in the books, I’m thinking BIGGER and so I’m hoping to tackle 35 (!!!) things over the course of the next year. Some of them are fun, some are meaningful, and some are in it for the long haul.
1. Go out dancing
2. Do SOMETHING to our house
3. Organize my house (working on) and keep it that way
4. Grow my hair longer and keep it that way
5. Get a tattoo
6. Travel to one place I’ve never been to
7. Write a book on my own
8. Blog all the days of the year (eek!)
Get into vlogging (starting that and then STICKING with it!)
10. Donate my time on a more regular bases to causes I feel passionately about
11. Try one new place to walk per month
12. Complete a physical race/challenge on my own (already have something in mind for that – more on that later!)
13. Learn the art of makeup (yes, I don’t understand it; yes, I will be terrible at it)
14. Read the entire Harry Potter series (yep, I never have. It’s on my list)
15. Learn a choreographed dance
16. Take a dance class
17. Send a care package to one “far away” friend every month for the year
18. Sponsor a child in another country
19. Clean out my garage (for REAL!)
20. Take a photography class
Create a Facebook page for “chatter” – Facebook lives, connecting as ME, vlogging
(Find me HERE: https://www.facebook.com/SamanthaAprilSmiles/)
22. Learn how to do a fishtail braid on myself (once my hair is LONGER!)
23. Having a speaking engagement SOMEWHERE!
24. Make one new-to-me meal a month
25. Plant a vegetable garden
26. Hold a plank for two minutes (hold me closer)
27. Do one pull up (yes, I can’t do any, no, I haven’t been able to do any. basically ever)
28. Buy a bicycle built for races
29. Paint my door or add a door with a sassy color
30. Declutter 35 bags of SCHTUFF throughout the year
31. Learn how to salsa dance (doesn’t matter if I’m good – you get it)
32. Watch all the seasons of the Golden Girls
33. Hit 5,000 IG followers (because I heart the IG – @mixedprintslife)
34. Wear a pair of dream jeans that I have had since I was basically a fetus
35. Meet Zac Efron. A girl can dream, right? (he’s 30 now by the way….so….)
And now, without further ado, my very first VLOG – go easy on ME!
I would love to hear from you! Do you have a birthday bucket list? What are your MUST completes?
Cheers to my best year yet!