One of my favorite ways to enjoy new places we travel to is NATURE! And after doing a bit of research, we discovered that Magnolia Plantation and Gardens was THE place to stop when you’re in this area! With plenty of opportunities for exercise, walking, and taking in the sights, this was a MUST STOP for our adventures. Today was ALL about NATURE and the boys soaked the sunshine and greenery IN! Here are a few tips for making the most of those long walks with Mother Nature – whether you’re traveling or close to home!
- Shoes! Be it sandals or gym shoes – make sure they are COMFORTABLE! We easily walked 7 + miles today and had we had shoe issues, our day would have been cut WAY short! Good footwear is VERY important when venturing out and about! Plus, you never quite know what terrain you’re up against!
- Hydration! Remember those reusable water bottles? They will come in handy again today! The snack cafe gave free water refills and we used LOTS of ice – keeping those bottles ice cold. Always remind those kiddos to drink to ensure that they are staying hydrate against that HEAT!
- SNACKS! With littles in tow, ALWAYS remember the snacks! It’s a great way to stop at a bench, get their minds off long treks, and keep them motivated for the next stop!
- Come equipped! Bust out the sunscreen (ALWAYS), hats/sunglasses for shade, and BUG SPRAY! New territory means you have to be ready for just about anything! This is the PERFECT way to make sure you have what you need!
- Check groupon! These gardens were somewhat costly, but they were definitely on our list! Save money by checking deal sites – in this case, the Gardens had a GREAT deal and we added the Audubon tour and saved quite a penny on our admission. They accepted it right off our phone which means no printer necessary!
- Take pictures! Lots of them! And don’t delete them like I did on accident when we rested. And yep, I really earned my steps today after I had to hustle all over and retake most throughout the gardens on my own as the boys checked out the petting zoo again! Come equipped to capture all the memories – with your camera and with your mental snapshots!
What are your favorite tips for nature hiking with your crew?
O the Places We Went